The Brattle Theatre is more than a Harvard Square landmark and legendary cinema—our historic theatre space is available for parties, meetings, functions, and more! There are many exciting and fun ways the Brattle can fit the needs of your event:
- Meetings, Conferences, and Lectures: The Brattle Theatre is perfect for business functions. We provide a podium, microphones, and multi-media projection, with comfortable seating and amenities for your guests. Host a company meeting, lecture, class, or conference. The rear of our theatre space allows for flexible arrangement of tables for printed materials and refreshments, or it can be used as a space to greet your guests and give them an opportunity to network with one another.
- Birthday, Anniversary, and Holiday Parties: Screen a film of your choosing with popcorn and soda, or opt for beer, wine and other concessions for an additional fee. The rear of our theatre also features removable seating for added flexibility–imagine a buffet with hot hors d’oeuvres, cake, ice cream… it’s up to you!
- Receptions: Cap an off-site event with a premium film or video screening experience, or simply use the theatre as a space for friends to continue a celebration—either way the Brattle is a convenient and comfortable space, with easy access to accommodations, parking, and public transit.
- Filmmakers: Screen your film for a public or private audience—hold a special premiere event, run a test screening, or qualify your film for awards consideration—we can present your work in virtually any media from 16mm to BluRay (other formats available for an additional charge). Plus, our location is easily accessible for your guests and crew, whether they are travelling from Davis Square, the Back Bay, or the western suburbs.
A Great Location For Your Event!
The Brattle Theatre is conveniently located in the heart of Harvard Square, with proximity to four-star and budget-minded accommodations, a wide selection of dining options, and of course Harvard, MIT, and other universities in the Boston area. We are steps from MBTA subway and bus lines, and provide discount parking validation at nearby garages. We are also wheelchair accessible.
The Brattle Theatre has all of the amenities to accommodate your business or private function. Our staff is experienced with virtually every kind of event—from concerts and performances to lectures and readings, film/video screenings, business meetings… even weddings! We work closely with our rental clients to assist them in planning and hosting their events.
All Rentals Include:
- Use of our historic theatre space with seating for 225 guests*
- Box office, concessions, and projection staff
- Use of podium with basic microphone and sound set-up
- State-of-the-art DCP system with DLP projection (DCP, Blu-ray, DVD, and other media)
- 35mm and 16mm film projection
- Stereo sound system
- HDCAM and other formats available for an additional fee
Our Prime Hours Rentals Include:
- Display of your poster or other materials in our lobby and/or sidewalk marquee (receives high pedestrian traffic)
- Event listed in the Brattle’s bi-monthly film calendar (20k distribution in Cambridge and surrounding communities)
- Detailed event information listed on our website
- Announcement in our weekly email
The following services are optional and additional fees apply—allow us the opportunity to work with you to bring your guests the services they need at a price you can afford.
- Advance online ticket sales for public events
- Open concessions stand with unlimited popcorn and soft drinks
- Wine and beer sales to guests of legal age
- Catered food or refreshments